Create a homemade Focaccia with garlic, rosemary, and oregano for the best easy-to-make appetizer. This easy Focaccia bread recipe is fluffy and delicious, perfect for Italian dishes.
What is Focaccia?
Focaccia, originating from Genoa, Italy, is a soft and fluffy flatbread made with olive oil and various toppings. It has become a highly sought-after bread and Italian recipe around the world. Enjoy Focaccia any time of day, such as with coffee in the morning, as a snack, appetizer, or with a glass of wine during mealtime.
Focaccia Bread Recipe
This homemade Italian Focaccia is one of the simplest bread recipes around. It takes no more than 2 hours and is effortless to make.
Ingredients to Make Focaccia Bread
- · Olive oil
- · All-purpose flour
- · Instant yeast
- · Warm water
- · Salt
Focaccia can be topped with a range of ingredients, such as garlic, herbs like rosemary, oregano, sage, Italian basil, olives, sliced onions, and vegetables like cherry tomatoes, artichokes, and mushrooms. These are some of the popular choices!
How to Make Focaccia Bread Recipe?
To create a focaccia pizza, begin by mixing all the ingredients to form a sticky dough – this can be done without the use of a mixer or with the help of your hands.
Transfer the dough to a baking pan and let it rise at room temperature for 60 minutes.
Afterward, use your index finger to gently poke the dough all over and add your desired toppings.
For a delicious homemade focaccia bread, I suggest using a mixture of sea salt flakes, garlic, cherry tomatoes, fresh rosemary, and oregano.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is It Vegan?
This vegan recipe is a healthy choice since it uses olive oil instead of butter, and contains no dairy products.
What are the Most Popular Toppings for Focaccia?
Rosemary and garlic are two of the most popular toppings to add to bread. You can choose to use either rosemary, garlic, or both.
A single serving of this bread contains 377 calories. To make an Italian-inspired meal, this bread pairs well with olive oil and balsamic vinegar as an appetizer or side dish.
For a complete dinner, consider serving it with other Italian-style recipes.
Focaccia Bread Recipe
- 1½ cups warm water
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1¼ tsp salt
- 3½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tbsp instant yeast or active dry yeast
- 1 tsp sea salt
- 2 cloves garlic minced
- 1 tbsp chopped rosemary
- 1 tbsp chopped oregano
- 3 cherry tomatoes
- Drizzle about 2 tablespoons olive oil into a pan.
- Mix all Dough ingredients together and use a mixer to beat for 60 seconds at a high speed.
- Scoop the gooey mixture into the prepped pan, seal the pan, and let it expand at room temperature for 60 minutes.
- Heat the oven to 375°F (190°C) while the dough is rising.
- Gently press the dough with your index finger.
- Lightly drizzle with olive oil, then season with salt, minced garlic, cherry tomatoes, rosemary, and oregano.
- Bake the focaccia bread until it's golden brown, 20 minutes.
- Take the item out of the oven and wait 5 minutes. After that, invert the pan onto a cooling rack and cut it into pieces.