This yummy, easy-to-make Creamy Shrimp Pasta is sure to delight with its deliciousness and speed of preparation.
After preparing all the necessary ingredients for the dish, the sauce can be quickly put together in a few minutes. Simultaneously, you can start heating a big pot of water for your pasta and begin making the sauce. Then, when the water reaches boiling point and you cook the fusilli, the sauce will be ready.
This scrumptious shrimp pasta dish is packed with delicious garlic butter flavor and ready in just 15 minutes – perfect for a fast, yet elegant weeknight dinner! The creamy, garlicky buttery goodness makes this dish a big hit!
This dish is perfect for a romantic date night, special occasion, or family meal – and guaranteed to be loved by all!
Ingredients to Make Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- fusilli pasta
- shrimp, peeled and deveined
- olive oil
- unsalted butter
- heavy whipping cream
- parmesan cheese,
- parsley to garnish
How to Make Creamy Shrimp Pasta
Pasta– Boil the pasta in salted water until it reaches the desired tenderness, as per the package instructions.
Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter. Place shrimp in a single layer and cook until golden brown on each side, flipping only once. Take out the shrimp from the skillet and cover it to maintain its warmth.
Sauce- Melt butter, then sauté garlic until aromatic. Add cream and parmesan and bring to a simmer.
Combine – Stir in the shrimp and pasta, coating them in the sauce.
Serve – Garnish with grated parmesan and parsley for a delicious finish.
Cook the fusilli pasta until just al dente. Gently toss the pasta with the sauce over low heat to prevent it from becoming overcooked.
Cooking shrimp from frozen is fine, and it’s normal to have liquid coming out. This will take only a minute to simmer down, so there’s no danger of overcooking. It is advised that the shrimp be thawed completely prior to cooking so that it is as dry as they can be for the best outcome.
Reserve around a cup of the pasta cooking water; the starchy water is perfect for making the sauce less thick. You likely won’t need the entire cup, however, it’s a good idea to keep a cup’s worth just in case.
This pasta serves 4 regular portions or 3 large servings.
Storage And Reheating Instructions
Fridge: Store the Creamy Shrimp Pasta in the fridge in a sealed container for up to 3 days.
Reheat: Reheat the Creamy Shrimp Pasta in a skillet over low-medium heat, and add a splash of water to loosen the sauce. Do the same if using the microwave.
Freezer: I don’t recommend freezing this creamy shrimp pasta.
More Pasta Recipes…
Creamy Shrimp Pasta
- 8 oz fusilli pasta
- 1 lb large shrimp, peeled anddeveined
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- 2 tbsp butter unsalted
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- ½ cup grated parmesan cheese,plus more to serve
- 2 tbsp parsley to garnish,(optional)
- ½ tsp salt
- Boil the pasta in salted water until it reaches the desired tenderness, as per the package instructions.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Melt butter. Place shrimp in a single layer and cook until golden brown on each side, flipping only once. Take out the shrimp from the skillet and cover it to maintain its warmth.
- Melt butter, then sauté garlic until aromatic. Add cream and parmesan and bring to a simmer.
- Stir in the shrimp and pasta, coating them in the sauce.
- Garnish with gratedparmesan and parsley for a delicious finish.