This easy and flavorful Fresh Corn Salad Recipe is perfect for summer barbecues and potlucks! The fresh corn and simple dressing are sure to be a hit with your guests!
This delicious Fresh Corn Salad Recipe is easy to make with only a few ingredients. Your family will love this salad on the side of burgers, and it’s perfect to bring to picnics and BBQs!
Every time a new food season comes around (football season, the holidays, etc), I get really excited and think that this is my favorite food season. But now that we’re at the start of summer, my head is spinning with all of the great recipes I want to try. I guess this is really my favorite food season after all.
Ingredients to Make Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
One of the best things about this fresh recipe is that it uses to produce that is easy to find in the summertime. It makes it the perfect fresh summer salad!
- Corn: Corn contains both fiber and plant compounds that can improve digestive and eye health. However, it is also high in starch, which can raise blood sugar levels, and may make it difficult to lose weight if consumed in excess. Additionally, the safety of genetically modified corn is unknown and may be cause for concern. Despite these drawbacks, moderate consumption of corn can be part of a healthy diet.Cucumbers
- Red Onion
- Feta Cheese
- Lime Juice
- Salt & Pepper
This dish can be made using almost any type of corn you can find!
Another idea: Grill your corn before adding it to this summer salad! The smoky element will add delicious flavor to the dish.
How to Cook Fresh Corn
Bring a large pot of water to a boil.Remove the husks and the silk from the corn, making sure it is completely clean of both. Place the cleaned corn into the boiling water. Let the water return to a boil before cooking for 35 minutes.
How to Make Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
In a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, corn kernels, red onion, cilantro, and feta cheese.
Fresh Corn Salad Recipe Dressing
I adore the uncomplicatedness of this home-cooked dressing. It is four ingredients, and I’m certain you have at least three of them already in your larder.
- olive oil
- lime juice
- black pepper
Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil, and lime juice (adding it to taste). Add salt and black pepper, or season to taste.
Toss the corn salad gently just until combined and serve.
Storing and Freezing Fresh Corn Salad
This corn salad can be stored in an airtight container for up to four days. I think the leftovers are delicious!
I would not recommend freezing this corn salad. Just about all the ingredients don’t freeze well.
Other Great Summer Sides
You have arrived at the appropriate destination if you are in pursuit of other excellent summer side dishes. Wouldn’t it be nice if we could rendezvous in a sun-drenched meadow with a gigantic picnic table and gorge ourselves on all of them?
Fresh Corn Salad Recipe
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 cucumber
- 1 1 ear of corn
- ½ red onion
- ½ cup feta cheese
- ⅛ cup cilantro
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil. Remove the husks and the silk from the corn, making sure it is completely clean of both. Place the cleaned corn into the boiling water. Let the water return to a boil before cooking for 35 minutes.
- In a large salad bowl, combine tomatoes, cucumbers, corn kernels, red onion, cilantro, and feta cheese.
- Drizzle the top with extra virgin olive oil, and lime juice (adding itto taste). Add salt and black pepper, or season to taste.
- Toss the corn salad gently just until combined and serve.