Quick and easy keto asparagus parmesan recipe, that is sauteed with clarified butter, and topped off with Parmesan cheese.
This stovetop keto asparagus parmesan recipe is a healthy side dish that’s quick and easy to make.
Asparagus goes with just about anything and this easy skillet asparagus with parmesan cheese is no exception!
The ends can be bitter tasting, and they also tend to be fibrous which makes them unpleasant to eat.
Ingredient to Make Keto Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
- Asparagus: Asparagus is low in calories and a great source of nutrients, including fiber, folate and vitamins A, C, B6 and K.
- Clarified butter: Clarified butter is chock-full of healthy fat–soluble vitamins, like A, D, E, and K.
- Parmesan Cheese
How to Cook Keto Asparagus Parmesan on Stovetop
Place the clarified butter into a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
Add asparagus to the skillet, and stir with a wooden spoon every few minutes to ensure they don’t stick to the pan and can cook evenly.
Then sprinkle with salt and pepper.
Sauté the asparagus for 8-10 min, depending on how thick your asparagus is.
Finally, sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top.
Tips For the Best Stovetop Asparagus
- Trim the ends of the asparagus. The ends of the stalks are usually tough and fibrous, so trim them off before placing them in the skillet to cook.
- Choose good quality asparagus. Use asparagus stalks that are.
- The clarified butter can be substituted with extra olive oil.
How to Store and Reheat it
You can store any leftover Asparagus with Parmesan in an airtight container in the refrigerator. It should last for about 2-3 days. To reheat it, just warm it for a few minutes in the microwave or place it back on the skillet.
Asparagus with Parmesan Cheese
- 1 lb. asparagus ends trimmed
- 1 tbsp clarified butter
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp pepper
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese grated
- Place the clarified butter into a large non-stick skillet over medium heat.
- Add asparagus to the skillet, and stir with a wooden spoon every few minutes to ensure they don’t stick to the pan and can cook evenly.
- Sprinkle with salt and pepper.
- Sauté the asparagus for 8–10 min, depending on how thick your asparagus is.
- Finally, sprinkle with parmesan cheese on top.